The MBA program offered by the Department of Business Administration is a thoroughly modern MBA designed to offer career-focused business education, and meet the business challenges of the 21st century. Our MBA program gives managers an international competitive advantage in the public and private sectors and prepares them to deal with all the ever-growing complex issues in the arena of business. Organizations are demanding leaders who thrive in a complex, cross-functional, and globally diverse environment. This MBA program delivers graduates as leaders who understand themselves, and their organization, in the context of a highly competitive and rapidly changing business climate.
Developing leadership and personal impact skills are key features of the program as students not only learn theories of leadership but also how to enhance their own practice. Additionally students acquire the tools to generate creative local and global strategies, evaluate them rigorously, and implement them effectively.
Objectives of MBA Program
The broad objective of the program is to provide students with the essential professional tools as well as the foundations in content and competencies that will support their development as effective managers in a variety of organizational settings. Specifically, MBA program of GUB is designed to provide the opportunity to develop:
1) The analytical tools for decision making in a business world of complex business issues and problems;
2) The organizational skills for the effective implementation of policy in the context of the organization;
3) An understanding of the body of knowledge in the functional areas of business;
4) The skills of leadership, teamwork and supervision skills of effective oral and written communication, presentation, and critical thinking;
5) An understanding of and ability to use technology as a tool of effective management;
6) Abilities for ethical decision-making;
7) The ability to function effectively in a diverse and global business environment.
Why an MBA?
MBA can help you many a way. If you start a new business or if you want to do business function or if you want to work in a managerial position, MBA can help you overcome them more efficiently and effectively than anybody who does not have MBA. More specifically, MBA can help to overcome the following situations:
· Do you have an idea for opening your own business?
· Do you want to change jobs into a business field?
· Is your next career step moving into a supervisory position?
· Do you need to forecast budgets, present business proposals, or create a business plan?
· Are you fascinated by how the economy works?
· Are you looking to broaden your skills to change jobs into a different industry?
MBA is open to all students holding baccalaureate degrees from accredited colleges or universities and meeting the general admission requirements for graduate admission.
Admission Requirements for Executives
Students with at least 3 years experience at a managerial position in any standard organization meeting general admission requirements for MBA program are allowed for admission to this program. Executives have to complete at least 39 credits to earn an MBA degree. The total credit hours applicable to executives will be determined by the Coordinator of MBA program or the Dean of the Faculty based on their academic records and managerial experiences.
MBA Program Structure
Our MBA program is structured in a flexible manner so that executives can pursue this program without hampering their careers. A student can receive MBA degree by completing 39-60 credits in 3-6 trimesters in 1-2 year(s). The credits requirements for a particular student for this program will be determined by the Advisor/ Coordinator of the Program or Dean of the Faculty based on his/her academic records and managerial experience at an executive level. The general course structure for MBA program is given as under:
|Classes of Courses||
No. of Courses
|Open Elective Courses||