Md. Abu Rumman Refat
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Master’s in Information and Communication Technology, Islamic University , Kushtia, Bangladesh, November 2021.
- Thesis: A Deep Learning Based Approach to Detect Security Threats in Multi-Object Tracking (MOT) Systems.
- Research Interests: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Medical Imaging, Natural Language Processing
- Bachelor of Science (Honors) in Information and Communication Technology, Islamic University , Kushtia, Bangladesh, December 2018.
- Thesis: A CNN for Real Time Face Detection, Emotion and Gender Classification.
Lecturer (1 Feb 2022 ~ till date)
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Green University of Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Data Privacy and Security Lab (1 July 2019 – 31 December 2020)
Dept of Information and Communication Technology
Islamic University, Kushtia, Bangladesh
 Md Abu Rumman Refat, Bikash Chandra Singh*, Mohammad Muntasir Rahman , “SentiNet: A Non Verbal Facial Sentiment Analysis Using Convolutional Neural Network” International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence. (SCIE, IF: 1.373), Status: Accepted.
 M. A. R. Refat, M. A. Amin, C. Kaushal, M. N. Yeasmin and M. K. Islam, “A Comparative Analysis of Early Stage Diabetes Prediction using Machine Learning and Deep Learning Approach.” 2021 6th International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control (ISPCC), 2021, pp. 654-659, doi: 10.1109/ISPCC53510.2021.9609364.
 C. Kaushal, M. A. R. Refat, M. A. Amin, and M. K. Islam (2021) “Comparative Micro Blogging News Analysis on the COVID-19 Pandemic Scenario.” In: Saraswat M., Roy S., Chowdhury C., Gandomi A.H. (eds) Proceedings of International Conference on Data Science and Applications. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 287. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-5348-3_30.
 Md. Abu Rumman Refat, Soumen Sarker, Chetna Kaushal, Amandeep Kaur and Md Khairul Islam “WhyMyFace: A Novel Approach to Recognize Facial Expressions using CNN and Data Augmentations” In proceeding IEMIS 2022: 3rd International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Data Mining and Information Security, Kalkata, India.Status: Accepted.
- Graduate Research Fellow (On Campus) at UGC, Bangladesh
University Grants Commision of Bangladesh, Government Republic of Bangladesh, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh
Duration- July 2020 – Jun 2021
- Graduate Research Fellow (On Campus) at ICT Division, Bangladesh
ICT Division, Ministry of Posts, Telecommunications and Information Technology, Government Republic of Bangladesh, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh
Duration- July 2019 – December 2020
- Dean’s Award in Recognition of Outstanding Scholastic Achievement
Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Islamic University, Kushtia, Bangladesh
Year- 2017, 2016, 2015
- Computer vision.
- 3D object, human and motion tracking.
- Machine Learning,
- Deep Learning,
- Medical Imaging,
- Natural Language Processing
- Love to solve competitive problems in online judges
- Participated more than 40 programming contest in various online judges
- Solved 500+ programming problems in online judges
- Love to make interesting projects using Python and Machine Learning