Prof. Dr. Mohammed Tareque Aziz
Dean & Professor
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
University Utara Malaysia (UUM) -AACSB
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), 2012, in Retail Marketing
North South University (NSU)
Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), 2000, in Marketing
Assumption University, Thailand (Joint degree program with IUBAT)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), 1996, in Marketing
Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSC), 1991, in Science Division: First
Motijheel Central Govt. Boys High School
Secondary School Certificate (SC), 1988, in Science Division: First
Dean & Professor of Business Administration
Green Business School (GUB)
Green University Bangladesh (GUB)
(February’ 2022 – Continuing)
Head & Professor of Business Administration
Department of Business Administration (DBA) University of Asia Pacific (UAP)
(January’ 2019 – January’ 2022)
Dean & Professor of Relationship Marketing
College of Business Administration (CBA)
International University of Business Agriculture & Technology (IUBAT)
(January’ 2018 – November’ 2019)
Associate Professor of Relationship Marketing and Retailing &
Head of Self-Assessment Committee (SAC- IQAC)
Project of World Bank & UGC &
Adviser, EMBA program & Adviser, Center for Entrepreneurship Development (CED)
BRAC University (September’ 2012 – December’ 2017)
in BRAC Business School of BRAC University (May’ 2012- August’ 2012)
in Department of International Business in College of Business (COB), University Utara Malaysia (UUM), (January’2010- December’2011.)
CEO & Lead Consultant
Center for Service Quality Enhancement (CSQE) – Pioneer in service quality index certification and management consultation services in Bangladesh.
Retail Marketing Consultant:
WESTECS Ltd., 2008-2009.
General Manager (Retail & Infrastructure Development):
BRAC (AARONG), 2007 – 2008.
Head of Projects:
MGH Group, 2006 – 2007.
Manager Channel Infrastructure Development:
BRAC Bank Ltd., 2004 – 2006.
Retail Marketing Manager:
Giant Distribution Ltd., 2001 – 2003.
Aziz, Mohammed Tareque & Azila, M. Nor (2014), Relationship building in retail settings, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.
Article publications (acceptance) in international peer reviewed journals
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque. 2022. “Impact of termination cost in measuring retail relationship quality”. Journal of Academia Letters. Volume 2022(1).
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque. 2021. “Service Quality Indexing (SQI) for financial institutions”. International Journal of Business and General Management. Volume 10(1).
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque. 2021. “Retailing in Bangladesh: Evolution & Expansion”. International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research (IJETMR). Volume 8(5).
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque. 2014. “Role of termination cost in measuring relationship quality in retail industry: A relationship marketing approach”. Asia pacific journal of marketing and retail management. Volume 1(1).
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque. 2013. “Evaluating the effect of communication on relationship quality: Investigation of retailer-supplier relationship in Bangladesh”. Journal of business administration and management sciences research. Volume 2(12).
Aziz, Mohammed Tareque and Noor, Azila Mohd. 2013. “Evaluating the effects of cost factors on relationship quality”. International journal of retail and distribution management. Volume 41(7).
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque and Noor, Azila Mohd. 2012. “Relationship quality in Bangladeshi retail industry”. International proceedings of economics development and research journal. Volume 38(2012).
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque. 2012. “Importance of communication in determining retailer-supplier relationship quality: A relationship marketing approach”. Asia pacific journal of marketing and retail management. Volume 3(3).
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque. 2012. “Importance of measuring relationship quality in the retail industry: An Asian perspective”. Asia pacific journal of marketing and retail management. Volume 3(2).
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque. 2012. “The role of participation in decision making in determining retailer-supplier relationship quality in retail industry- A relationship marketing approach”. Asia pacific journal of marketing and retail management. Volume 3(1).
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque and Noor, Azila Mohd. 2011. “Social exchange theory as a framework for understanding retailer-supplier relationship quality”. International Post Graduate Business Journal. UUM Publications. Volume 3(1).
Articles submitted for peer blinded review in international journals
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque. 2021. “Role of relationship termination cost in measuring relationship quality”. International Journal of Marketing Semiotics.
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque. 2021. “Evaluating the moderating effect of relationship duration on relationship quality and loyalty”. Srilankan Journal of Management.
- Aziz, Mohammed Tareque. 2020. “The role of switching cost in measuring relationship quality: A relationship marketing approach in retail industry”. Atlantic marketing journal.
Professional seminars & workshops attended
|2016||Attended training workshop on “Data management & self- assessment report writing”, organized by Institutional Quality assurance Cell (IQAC) of BRAC University in GDLN Center, BRAC University, Dhaka.|
|2016||Attended “Bangladesh Retail Congress”, organized by Bangladesh Brand Forum and Yellow by Beximco in Le Meridien, Dhaka.|
|2012||Attended the workshop on “Teaching & learning at BRAC University”, organized by TLC of BRAC University.|
|2010||Attended “Participating on Learning and Teaching in Higher Education” organized by UUM College of Business.|
|2009||Attended “Research Talk on Designing for a Good Research” by Prof. T. Keishi Tanahashi of Tokyo Keizi University (visiting faculty of UUM College of Business).|
|2007||Attended “HR Practices and Bangladesh Labor Code (updates and amendments)” in BRAC @ Dhaka, Bangladesh.|
|2006||Attended training on “Commercial Program Development” in ICC @ Dubai, UAE.|
|2005||Attended training on “Building Retail Distribution Strategies” in The Asian Banker & SEDF @ Kulalampur, Malaysia.|
Organized student engagement programs
|2018||Successfully organized business case competition for the students of College of business administration of IUBAT.|
|2018||Successfully organized seminars on brand management for the students of College of business administration of IUBAT.|
|2018||Organized social awareness workshop on the importance and implications of cyber security for our young generations for all students of IUBAT|
|2018||Conducted a workshop on the process, policies and guidelines on practicum supervision techniques for the faculty members of IUBAT|
|2018||Organized a seminar on digital and online marketing for future business growth in IUBAT|
|2018||Organized a seminar on the prospects and challenges of becoming successful in the public service examinations for the students of IUBAT|
|2018||Arranged an interactive session for business graduates named “Meet the entrepreneurs” in IUBAT|
|2018||Organized a seminar on the practices of HR for the 21st century in IUBAT|
|2018||Conducted a workshop on the process and procedures of applying for higher studies for IUBAT students.|
|2018||Organized a handwriting competition for all the students of different departments and programs of IUBAT|
|2018||Successfully organized College of Business administration’s annual football tournament.|
Awards and Recognitions
|2016||Nominated as the “Session Chair” (Day # 2) in 6th International Business Conference in Aalborg University, Denmark.|
|2005||Individual contribution award in BRAC Bank Ltd.|
|2004||Departmental commitment award in BRAC Bank Ltd.|
Academic reviewer in international peer reviewed journals:
1) European Journal of Marketing (SCOPUS Indexed)
2) International journal of retail and distribution management (Emerald Publications)
3) Social science journals (SAGE Publications)
4) Journal of global marketing (Taylor Francis Publications)
5) International journal of small and medium enterprise development (SME Foundation)
6) International scholar’s journals (International Scholars Journals Publishing Corporation, NY)
7) Journal of commerce & economics review (Shah Abdul Latif University, Pakistan)
8) Asian Academy of Management Journal (AAMJ) – a SCOPUS indexed Journal
9) Journal of retailing and consumer services- a SCOPUS indexed Journal
10) International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management
11) Gadjah Mada International Journal of Business (SCOPUS Indexed)
12) International Marketing Review (Emerald Publications).
1. A pioneer in service sector development research in Bangladesh and officially the patent applicant and copyright owner of “Service Quality Index (SQI)” certification in Bangladesh
2. Recognized as a “Certified Academic Quality Expert” by BRAC University & UGC
3. Honorary Senior Fellow in Centre for Advanced Studies in Policy Research (CASPR), India.
4. Editorial Advisory Board member in International Fellowship Journal of Interdisciplinary Research
5. A corporate trainer with more than hundreds of successful corporate seminars, symposiums, workshops, and training under his belt
6. Experienced business consultant with more than 20 years’ experience in the field of branding and service quality development for south Asian brands like Green University of Bangladesh (GUB), University of Asia Pacific (UAP), International University of Business Agriculture & Technology (IUBAT), BRAC University, Center for Service Quality Enhancement (CSQE), WESTECS Ltd., MGH Group, Aarong, Moody International, BRAC Bank Ltd., Bangladesh Cricket Board, Giant Distribution Ltd., Texmart, Peter England, Van Heusen, Allen Solly, Louis Philippe, ACI, Grundig Electronics, Nitol-Niloy Group and many more.
Dr. Mohammed Tareque Aziz is country’s leading service sector management consultant. Currently, Dr. Aziz is the Dean and professor of relationship marketing and retailing in Green Business School (GBS) of Green University Bangladesh (GUB). Dr. Aziz served as a professor of relationship marketing and head in the Department of Business Administration (DBA) of University of Asia Pacific (UAP) from January 2019 to January 2022. Dr. Aziz earned his PhD in Retail Marketing from UUM, Malaysia (UUM)- a globally prestigious AACSB Accredited University. Before joining UAP, Dr. Aziz taught for more than ten years at BRAC University, IUBAT, and in UUM, Malaysia in their faculty of International Business. In IUBAT he was the Dean of their College of Business administration (CBA) and in BRAC University he significantly contributed as their Head of Operations of BRAC Business School (BBS) and Head of the IQAC committee of BRAC Business School (BBS). In UUM, Malaysia Dr. Aziz took university courses with multi-cultural audiences comprised of students from more than 20 countries. Prior to the pursuance of his academic career, he served in some of the leading retail companies of South Asia namely WESTECS, AARONG (a retail project of BRAC – world’s largest NGO), MGH Group, and BRAC Bank Ltd. in senior management positions. Dr. Aziz is also the “Consulting Editor” of the country’s leading industrial journal “Bangladesh Textile Today”. Dr. Aziz is an experienced academician and ser vice quality management professional with expertise in the areas of business review and analysis, retail planning, brand management, project management, settlement negotiation, and corporate compliance. Dr. Aziz has presented papers and attended conferences & seminars in countries like Denmark, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Africa, Nepal, Singapore, and UAE. Being specialized in post-graduate level teaching (MBA/EMBA/Professional career development programs), he has taught graduate and post-graduate-level courses in brand management, international marketing, service sector marketing, marketing research, marketing management, marketing strategy & policy, international business, cross-cultural management, and operations management. With keen academic interests in the areas of relationship marketing, brand management, and service sector management his articles have been published in the International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management (IJRDM), Asia Pacific Journal of Retail and marketing management, Journal of business administration & management sciences research, International proceedings of economic development and research journals, & International Post Graduate Business Journal, Malaysia. His research interests include relationship marketing, brand management, consumer behavior, small and medium enterprise development, and retailing. Dr. Aziz defines himself as a detail-oriented and resourceful individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with an understanding of complex marketing issues.
|(1) Dr. Nor Azila Mohd Noor, Professor, College of Business, University Utara Malaysia, Sintok (UUM), 06010, Kedah Darul Aman, Malaysia. Telephone: +604-9285206 | Email: email@example.com|
|(2) Dr. A. H. M. Monjurul Hoque, Professor, Department of Psychiatry. Shaheed Sohorowardy Medical College, Mitford, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Telephone: +88-01711285122|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|