Admission Guidelines for International Students
GUB encourages the admission of foreign students to different programs. If a student fulfills the general admission requirements for the specific program, s/he will apply online or write an application addressed to the Director, International Student’s Affairs along with the Official Academic Transcripts issued by the previous institutions.
The Equivalence Committee of GUB will assess the papers of the student and make an evaluative recommendation. Based on the recommendation, the Dean of the respective faculty will confirm the admission of the student. It is to mention that the Chair of the Department or the Dean of the Faculty concerned will determine the credit requirements for the student for the specific program.
Trimester of GUB
The academic year of GUB is divided into 3 (three) trimesters with equal time of intervals and all programs operate on this trimester system. The Spring trimester spans from January to April, the Summer from May to August, and the Fall from September to December. In each trimester, the classes usually start in the second week of the beginning month and the final exams in the third week of the last month of the respective trimester. The academic calendar provides the deadlines for advising, registration, adding/dropping of courses, exam dates, holidays, and other information.
- First of all student have to go through the Courses that GUB offers according to the tuition fees of the respective course then choose one among them for study.
- Have to submit all required papers as stated below.
- If a student is eligible for admission after evaluated by the concern Committee as per the University Admission Rules, Admission Letter will be issued stating his/her name and Passport Number (if required by the embassy other information may be also provided).
- Student after arrival should immediately report to the university admission section and complete all the required official formalities of enrollment. All payment will be made in Cash (in BDT*). BDT – Bangladeshi Taka
- Admission Form: International Students may download/ collect the soft copy of admission form available on download page (admission form). In such case $10 will be charged in addition to the admission fees while enrollment.
- Required Papers: Student will have to submit/ send his/her previous Certificates, Transcripts, a copy of valid Passport (page contained applicants details) and Equivalent Certificates (that certify his/ her degree is accepted globally) by post or e-mail.
- Solvency Certificate: International Students are required to submit a bank solvency certificate to identify his/ her capability to complete the degree from Green University of Bangladesh.
- Health Fitness: A student must submit a recent health fitness Report to ensure his/her physical fitness.
- Closing Date of Admission: Application closing date is available at GUB website. International Students are requested to contact at least 2 months prior of closing date of a semester due to long process.
- Hostel Facilities: At present hostel/accommodation facilities for male/female students are available at Green University of Bangladesh. Students will have to stay in the flat/accommodation provided by the university officials. The cost would vary from US$150 to US$200 per month depending on the location, number of students stay in a room and quality of the flat.
- International Students are advised to communicate with the Director of International Students affairs and their respective Embassy/High Commission in any case of emergency.
- University will not be responsible for arranging Visas for any Foreign Students, but will provide information to the embassy (if required).
- Please be informed that the inclusion of any false information or submission of fake academic documents would constitute grounds for dismissal from the university.
- A Letter of Certification – in both English and Bangla – is issued to the applicant, upon receipt of which he/she can contact the nearest Bangladesh Embassy and apply for a student visa to come into Bangladesh.